New Jersey Divorce Attorney Carrie S. Schultz, Esq.
Carrie S. Schultz, Esq. is certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Matrimonial Law Attorney and practices exclusively in the area of Divorce and Family Law. She attended the University Of Miami School of Law and was admitted to the New Jersey and Florida State Bars in May 2001 and to the New York State Bar in July 2004.
In 2005, she attended and successfully completed the American Bar Association (ABA) Family Law Trial Advocacy Institute in Houston, TX. In 2008 to 2009, Ms. Schultz served as Co-Chair of the Young Lawyers Subcommittee of the New Jersey State Bar Association Family Law Section Executive Committee and was selected to continue to be an active committee member.
Additionally, throughout her career, Ms. Schultz has been a frequent lecturer, moderator, and panelist in matrimonial law-related seminars for the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education (ICLE).
For eight (8) consecutive years (2007 to 2014) she was also awarded the honor of one of the Top Young Lawyers in New Jersey by the New Jersey Monthly Magazine and also selected as a SuperLawyer, Rising Star. In 2015, 2016, and 2017, Ms. Schultz was honored to receive recognition by New Jersey Monthly Magazine as Superlawyer. In 2014, 2015, and 2016, Ms. Schultz was also consecutively voted one of the Top Lawyer’s in Bergen County for Family Law by (201) Magazine.
Avvo.com has also selected Ms. Schultz as a superb attorney for more than five (5) consecutive years beginning in 2014; she was also selected in 2014 as one of the Top 40 Under 40 New Jersey Family Law Attorneys by the National Trial Lawyers and nationally ranked Top 10 under 40 by the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys.
In 2016, she was awarded membership to Lawyers of Distinction, which is only available to the top 10% of attorneys in the State of New Jersey; She was noted as one of the ten best female attorneys by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys; She was commended as a Renowned Attorney by the National League of Renowned Attorneys; and the firm, Schultz & Associates, LLC was accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
In 2017, Schultz & Associates was named one of the fastest growing law firms in the country by Law Firm 500, was again selected as one of Bergen County’s Top Lawyers by New Jersey Monthly Magazine, and honored as a Superlawyer.
True to her alma mater, Carrie is a loyal Florida Gators fan — “Go Gators!” In addition, whenever given the opportunity, you will find Carrie enjoying her many years of Latin ballroom dancing lessons in salsa, cha-cha, hustle, and West Coast swing.
Areas of Practice
- Divorce Law
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Visitation and Parenting Time
- Equitable Distribution
- Removal/Relocation of Parent and Children
- Family Law
- Domestic Violence
- Child Abduction (The United States and International)
- Prenups and Mid-Marriage Agreements
- Civil Unions/Domestic Partnerships
- Post-Judgment Issues/Enforcement of Orders
Certified Legal Specialties
Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Matrimonial Law Attorney
- Florida, 2001
- New Jersey, 2001
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2001
- District of Columbia, 2004
- New York, 2004
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, Florida
- B.A., University of Florida
Honors and Awards
- New Jersey’s Top Young Lawyers, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013-2017
- Super Lawyer, Rising Star, According to New Jersey Monthly Magazine, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013
- Super Lawyer, According to New Jersey Monthly Magazine, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Top Lawyers in Bergen County for Family Law by (201) Magazine, 2011 and 2013-2016
- AVVO as an Excellent Attorney, 2011
- AVVO Superb Attorney, 2012 – 2017
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys Top 10 Under 40, 2014
- 10 Best Female Attorneys by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2016
- Renowned Attorney by the National League of Renowned Attorneys, 2016
- Better Business Bureau (Schultz & Associates, LLC)
- #173 Fastest Growing Law Firm in the U.S. by Law Firm 500
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member, Family Law Executive Committee
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Section, Co-ChairWoman, Young Lawyer’s Subcommittee, 2009 – 2010
- New Jersey Association for Justice and the Bergen County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- American Bar Association Family Law Trial Advocacy Institute Program
- Family Law Associates