Bergen County Family Law Attorneys Serving NJ & NY
At Schultz & Associates, family law isn’t just what we do. It’s all we do. Our attorneys are passionate about representing individuals facing divorce, custody disputes, & other family law matters.
If you are facing a divorce or separation, if you are a victim or have been accused of domestic violence, or if you are facing any other legal issue in your personal or family life, it is important that you speak with a lawyer about your situation. Family-related legal issues tend to be more complex than they appear on the surface, and finding a resolution that fully protects you while minimizing the burdens on your loved ones requires a thorough understanding of the law and the legal procedures that are available.
At Schultz & Associates, LLC, we bring decades of experience to representing spouses, parents, grandparents, children, and others in family law matters throughout New Jersey. Our attorneys are also licensed in New York, and we frequently represent clients who live and work on both sides of the Hudson River. If you need a family law attorney, we encourage you to give us a call. We are here to help, and we will make sure that you have a clear understanding of your situation so that you can make informed decisions about protecting your legal rights.
About Our Family Law Practice
Our practice is 100 percent devoted to representing individuals in family law matters. Carrie S. Schultz is a certified Matrimonial Law Attorney. As a result of our focus, our experience, and the personalized attention we provide to our clients, our attorneys have been ranked among the “10 Best” by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, and we have received numerous other forms of local and national recognition.
While we have particular experience representing business owners and other high-net-worth individuals in divorces and related matters, we offer our services to all residents of New Jersey and New York in the areas of:
- Divorce – Our attorneys represent clients in all stages of the divorce process, from pre-divorce planning to post-divorce enforcement and modification. We work closely with our clients to understand their personal situations, analyzing tax considerations, obtaining business valuations, assessing the role of pre-nuptial and mid-marriage agreements, and pursuing strategies that are custom-tailored to securing our clients’ desired results as quickly and cost-effectively as possible.
- Non-Marital Separations – While non-marital separations involve many of the same issues that spouses face in divorce, they commonly involve a number of unique issues as well. We represent co-parents and former partners with respect to child custody, child support, and other family-related legal matters.
- Child Custody Issues – In addition to helping parents secure custody and visitation rights during divorces and non-marital separations, we also regularly assist clients with modification and enforcement of custody rights in connection with violations of custody orders, child abductions, parent relocations, and other challenging circumstances.
- Child Support Issues – In many cases, one of first issues to be addressed with regard to child support is paternity. Our attorneys represent mothers and fathers seeking to establish paternity, and we provide experienced representation for establishing, enforcing, and seeking to modify child support awards.
- Domestic Violence – Family situations involving domestic violence and allegations of domestic violence require a careful yet swift approach. Our attorneys can help you seek a restraining order if you are a victim of domestic violence, and we can fight to protect you if you have been accused of perpetrating abuse.
Contact Us; We’ll Respond Within 24 Hours
If you are looking for a family lawyer who can demystify the process and who will clearly explain your options at every step along the way, contact Schultz & Associates, LLC. To arrange an initial consultation, call our offices in Bergen County, NJ at 201-880-9770 or tell us how we can help online and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Our attorneys respond to all inquiries in 24 hours or less.